Ruth Kaye Collection
The collection consists of four series: house histories, genealogy, publications, and miscellaneous. The collection contains reports, bound volumes, photos, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, and correspondences. The first and largest series is the complete research on various house histories in the Alexandria, Virginia area, most notably in Old Town. The second series of the collection is genealogical research on various families who have roots in Northern Virginia and Alexandria. The two smaller series, publications and miscellaneous, contain various research subjects completed by Ruth Kaye, including other publications from other authors.
Material was acquired from creator.
- 1970 - 2010
- Kaye, Ruth Lincoln, 1918-2014 (Researcher, Person)
14.826 Cubic Feet (32 Boxes, 324 Folders)
Series 1: House Histories; Series 2: Genealogy; Series 3: Publications; Series 4: Miscellaneous
- Alexandria (Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Alexandria (Va.) -- Genealogy.
- Alexandria (Va.) -- History.
- Alleys -- Virginia -- Alexandria
- Buildings -- Virginia -- Alexandria
- Cities and towns -- Virginia -- Growth
- Dwellings -- Virginia -- Alexandria
- Fairfax County (Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Fires -- Virginia -- Alexandria
- Medicine -- History -- 18th century
- Medicine -- Virginia -- Alexandria -- History
- Physicians -- Virginia -- Alexandria -- Biography
- Virginia -- Genealogy.
- Kaye, Ruth Lincoln. Alleys and courts of Old Town Alexandria, Virginia : 18th century to the present.
- Kaye, Ruth Lincoln. Eighteenth century medicine in Alexandria, Virginia, 1749-1799.
- Kaye, Ruth Lincoln. Goolrick, Tackett and related families of Stafford and Spotsylvania counties, Virginia.
- Kaye, Ruth Lincoln. The history of 716 Wolfe Street, Alexandria, Virginia.
- Kaye, Ruth Lincoln. Huff/Hoof and related families of the Valley of Virginia ; Bailey, Feller (Gfeller), Hall, McCluskey, Norden, Parr, Root (Rode), Taylor.
- Kaye, Ruth Lincoln. Mullen, Green, Lloyd and Pettit, the maternal ancestors of Mary Catherine Huff Waller.
- Kaye, Ruth Lincoln. The rebuilding of Captain's Row, 100 block Prince Street, Alexandria, Virginia after the great fire of 1827.