The collection contains photographs and negatives predominantly of historic Alexandria buildings and civic life from the 1910’s to the 1940’s. A small number of prints are from the late 19th century. The collection is made up of black and white prints and acetate negatives, with a small number of glass plate negatives and glass lantern slides. The collection has been split into two series.
Photos were taken by Morris Loeb, and were later owned by Joe and Jeanette Loeb. The collection was donated by Joseph and Jeannette Loeb in 1988.
- 1888 - 1941