Alexandria Library Barrett Branch Reopening and Dedication Photo Collection (MS334)
Collection — Box: 1
This collection consists of nearly 500 color prints that provide a photo documentation of the remodeling and reopening of the Kate Waller Barrett Branch of the Alexandria Library on 717 Queen Street, in Alexandria, Virginia, circa 1994-1995.
.83 Linear Feet (1 box)
Biographical / Historical
The Barrett Branch of Alexandria Library was built in 1937 and named in honor of Kate Waller Barrett, a humanitarian, social crusader and political reformer. The Branch, located in the Old Town section of Alexandria, was renovated and expanded in 1995 and reconfigured in April 2000 to house the historical and genealogical research collections formerly located at Lloyd House.
- Alexandria Library Barrett Branch Reopening and Dedication Photo Collection Finding Aid
- Gregory Pierce
- April 2019
- Description rules
- Language of description