Skip to main content

Herbert Bryant, Inc. Records (MS081)

 Collection
Identifier: MS081
This collection consists of approximately 300 leaves, all photocopies, and are the business records of Herbert Bryant, Inc. These records include shipments of raw materials received by rail, with rail car numbers noted, and by water, with ships’ names and captains’ names noted.

Dates

  • 1926-1951

Creator

Extent

.23 Cubic Feet (1 box)

Biographical / Historical

Herbert Bryant, Inc. was a fertilizer manufacturing plant located on the Alexandria waterfront north of the Torpedo Factory. Founded by Herbert Bryant soon after the Civil War, Bryant was a long time Alexandria resident. He served as ajutant with the 17th Virginia Infantry, and served later as a member of General M. D. Cose's staff as a captain. He died April 11, 1913. The Business was taken over by his son, Arthur H. Bryant.

Related Materials

Montgomery County Historical Society - Manuscripts 00028

Creator

Title
Herbert Bryant, Inc. Records Finding Aid
Date
English
Description rules
dacs
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the Local History and Special Collections Branch, Alexandria Library Repository

Contact:
717 Queen Street
Alexandria VA 22314 United States
703-746-1791