Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Content Description These papers reflect Armistead Boothe's advocacy of civil rights legislation, and his political activity with such issues as public schools, transportation, segregation and other political issues in Virginia, especially during the late 1940s and early 1950s. Personal papers in this collection relate to family matters such as Gardner Boothe's courtship of Eleanor Carr and to Armistead Boothe's school and military experiences. The collection includes scrapbooks, journals, albums, memorabilia...
Content Description The Daniel O'Sullivan collection consists of business records and correspondence related to Daniel Sullivan and his son Michael R. Sullivan who owned and operated a rooming house, and wholesale grocery and liquor store in the 1850s-1940s. Items also include a letter from Jeremiah O'Brien who fought for the 26th Regiment of the New York Volunteer Infantry and writes concerning battles fought during 1861-1862.
Scope and Contents The collection includes three ledgers belonging to Edward L. Daignerfield, two of which have the word "journal" written on the spine.
Content Description This collection consists of six series: Correspondence, Literary Productions, Printed Material, Financial Documents, Women's Auxiliary of the American Legion, and Green Family. The correspondence series holds letters only to and from Esther Green. Included three folders (Box 73 Folders 1-3) with letters from Robert Rutledge, a youth for whom she helped secure a DuPont scholarship to the University of Virginia. While in college he updated her on his progress. Correspondence to and from other...
Content Description This collection consists of approximately 300 leaves, all photocopies, and are the business records of Herbert Bryant, Inc. These records include shipments of raw materials received by rail, with rail car numbers noted, and by water, with ships’ names and captains’ names noted.
Content Description The records of a mid-19th century Virginia hardware business including a set of ledgers and a small amount of correspondence relating to the business.
Collection — Assorted Box: 2
Content Description The collection consists of a deed, purchase proposals, business agreements, foreclosure notices, and fire insurance policies for the Mt. Vernon Cotton Factory.
- Subject: Business -- Virginia -- Alexandria X
- Alexandria Canal Company 1
- Alexandria Water Company 1
- Boothe Family 1
- Boothe, Armistead L. (Armistead Lloyd), 1907-1990 1
- Boothe, Eleanor Harrison Carr, 1881-1968 1
- Boothe, Gardner L. (Gardner Lloyd), 1872-1964 1
- Boothe, William J. (William Jeremiah), 1816-1894 1
- Carr Family 1
- Carr, Joseph Armistead, 1867-1901 1
- Daingerfield, Edward L. (Edward Lonsdale), 1847-1925 1
- Davidson, Florence English, 1882-1942 1
- Green Mansion House Hotel 1
- Green and Bros. Furniture Company 1
- Green family 1
- Green, Esther Holiday, 1889-1981 1
- Green, Richard Mayger, 1860-1941 1
- Harrison Family 1
- Herbert Bryant, Inc. 1
- James F. Carlin & Son Hardware 1
- Mayger family 1
- Muir family 1
- O'Sullivan, Daniel, 1828-1904 1
- O'Sullivan, T. J. (Timothy Joseph), 1855-1887 1
- Potomac, Piedmont and Valley Agricultural Society (Alexandria, Va.) 1
- Roosevelt, Edith Kermit Carow, 1861-1948. 1
- Rutledge, Richard 1 ∧ less