Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Content Description This collection consists of Mrs. Cox's research files and manuscripts, as well as papers from her membership in HAF. Research files contain typed and handwritten notes, news clippings, and correspondence. The main focus of the collection is in support of "Street by Street". Included are the Historic American Building Survey inventories of Worth Baily. Also in the collection are manuscripts and notes of several projects that Mrs. Cox assisted on, and pamphlets related to Alexandria History or...
Content Description The records in this collection cover the financial transactions of the Landmarks Society, from its founding in 1933-34, through 1976. Included are all of the disbursements from 1934-1944, a financial account book from 1952-1960, and Treasury Reports from 1963-1975, calculated by Esther Holliday Green, the Treasurer of the Landmarks Society. The Internal Revenue Income Tax Exemption Forms, application for an Alexandria City License and Annual Reports to the State Corporation Commission of...
Content Description This collection contains papers dating from May 1983 to July 1985 and relating to the process of evaluating the Parker-Gray Historic District under the City of Alexandria's historic preservation ordinance. Included are dockets and minutes from Planning Commission and City Council meetings and hearings, correspondence, petitions, news clippings, and meeting agendas/minutes from the Northwest Old Town Civic Association.
Scope and Contents Records kept by Polly Hulfish during the time the Old Alexandria Restoration, Inc. organization was in business (1961-1974). These records consist of documents pertaining to almost 100 houses in Alexandria purchased and renovated/restored by the organization. Documents include those covering the purchase and sale of each property, receipts from the businesses that provided services and materials, tax records, employment records, blueprints and drawings, photographs, news items, all...
Content Description This collection pertains to the house on 607 Oronoco Street. The Sayers opened the house for Garden Week in Virginia, the Tour of Interiors and the Alexandria Garden Club Tour of Five Estates. Included are the pamphlets for the Tour of Interiors of Historic Homes in Alexandria and Garden Week in Virginia and the registers from the Tour of Historic Homes for the 1934 to 1941 period.
- Subject: Historic districts -- Virginia -- Alexandria X