Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
Collection — Assorted Box: 1
Content Description This collection includes travel records, embarkation orders, pay voucher, letters written to her mother and Aunt Cora, and her own remembrances of her time spent in France.
Content Description Nathaniel’s papers related to business and to the New York Life Insurance Company. There are also letters from Nathaniel to Samuel during the Civil War years. Letters to Samuel from relatives, including his sisters Effie and Fannie and his mother Jane, contain commentary on the Civil War. At different times during the war Samuel was in New Orleans, Manassas and Petersburg. There are Confederate passes among his papers. There is also an 1865 letter from Samuel to his mother about his return...
Content Description Family papers, letters, wills, and deeds of the Chapman Family of Maryland and Virginia.
Content Description This Collection contains roughly 55 letters. It includes letters written by or to Helen Mary Chapman, Helen Pearson Chapman, Arthur Leigh Southerland, and Robert Mitchell Weir along with other family and business letters.
Content Description This collection has three series: the papers of JT Ricketts, of Norris Cummings and of Helen Cummings. The Ricketts series makes up the bulk of the collection. Its main focus is on Ricketts' business records, but some personal documents are included. The business records contain financial, legal and administrative materials. They trace the rise of T. Wattson & Sons from a small bakery into an industrial "steam" bakery that supplied organizations such as the US Navy with packaged bread...
Content Description The bulk of these papers are correspondence (letters) between Lucius Bellinger Northrop (Charleston, SC and Anne Arundel County, MD) and R. Jones, Adjutant General of the United States Army (Washington, DC). The correspondence refers to Northrop's inability to perform military duty due to his knee wound and to the desire of the Adjutant General's Office for Northrop to return to his post. Included are doctor's statements reporting on Northrop's physical condition, as well as the army's orders...
Content Description This collection consists of three series related to the McKnight, Piercy, and Jacobs families. In each series there are sub-series of letters, legal documents, and genealogical materials. Contents also include military records, harbor and ballast master papers, an 1849 inaugural ball invitation, and miniature portraits of William P. McKnight and Margaret Jacobs. McKnight correspondence relates to the Civil War.
Collection — Assorted Box: 3
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of letters written to Phillip Fendall concerning legal and business matters. Topics mentioned include E. J. Lee, John Gadsby, book seller ads, and the Literary Institution of Princeton.
Content Description The bulk of these papers are correspondence between Robert Rutledge and Harriet Hulfish. Besides information about their relationship, this correspondence refers to Army camp life where Rutledge was stationed in Camp Lee, Virginia; San Francisco, California; Tennessee; Kentucky; and Texas. The papers also contain an illustrated catalog of Staunton Military Academy, and a play and short stories authored by Rutledge.
Content Description This collection pertains to the house on 607 Oronoco Street. The Sayers opened the house for Garden Week in Virginia, the Tour of Interiors and the Alexandria Garden Club Tour of Five Estates. Included are the pamphlets for the Tour of Interiors of Historic Homes in Alexandria and Garden Week in Virginia and the registers from the Tour of Historic Homes for the 1934 to 1941 period.
- Subject: Letters X
- Cummings, Helen Norris, 1865-1949 2
- Green, Esther Holiday, 1889-1981 2
- Asher, George Gordon, 1872-1915 1
- Boush, Mollie May 1
- Boush, Nathaniel, 1809-1873 1
- Boush, Samuel Coleman, 1842-1918 1
- Calhoun, John C. (John Caldwell), 1782-1850 1
- Carne, Cecilia Catherine Latruite (Shakes), 1804-1891 1
- Carne, Richard L., 1797-1867 1
- Chapman Family 1
- Conlyn, Helen P. (Helen Pearson Chapman), 1876-1951 1
- Cummings, Norris Stanley, 1834-1904 1
- Davis, Jefferson, 1808-1889. 1
- Fendall, Phillip 1
- Ficklin, Cecelia M., 1876-1951 1
- Ficklin, M. J. Kroes, 1872-1962 1
- Ficklin, Theodore H., 1846-1919 1
- Hulfish, Harriet Virginia, 1922-2003 1
- Jones, Anne Lewis, 1882-1967 1
- Kirby, Mary Eleanor (Shakes), 1818-1863 1
- McCowan, Nathalie May Boush, 1883-1961 1
- McKnight family 1
- Northrop, Lucius Bellinger, 1811-1894 1
- Ricketts, John Thomas, 1805-1863 1
- Rutledge, Robert Clinton, 1920-2004 1
- Scott, Winfield, 1786-1866. 1
- Shakes, Amanda, 1805-1861 1
- Shakes, John, 1775-1860 1
- Shakes, Sarah (LaTruite), 1786-1845 1
- Southerland, Arthur L. (Arthur Leigh), 1872-1950 1
- Southerland, Helen Mary (Chapman) 1
- Swann, Helen Mary (Chapman), 1817-1895 1
- Swann, Thomas William, 1818-1895 1
- Tulloch, John Walton, 1900-1951 1
- Tulloch, Walton B. (Walton Blair), 1929-1995 1
- Virginia Federation of Women's Clubs 1
- Weir, Robert Mitchell, 1877-1949 1
- Whitton, Robert Goodacre, 1906-1986 1 ∧ less