Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This collection contains several photos arranged by subject, some original and some copy prints. There are photos of ships, various Alexandria streets, people, and the Alexandria waterfront.
Content Description The collection consists of bills and receipts relating to Joseph Rodgers' contracting and personal business dealings in Old Town Alexandria. Examples include letterhead receipts from Weadon Brothers Hardware, Paints, Oils Glass and Guns; George Ayers...Dealer in Wheels; Isaac Eichberg Foreign and Domestic Dry Goods; Smoot Lumber; Curtin and Butts Alexandria Iron Works, and many other local businesses. Also includes building permits.
Content Description The collection includes organizational papers, minutes, correspondence, and other materials documenting NOTICe’s formation, relationships to other organizations and various projects and concerns. The Minutes series is the biggest. The set of minutes is fairly complete; however there are occasional gaps where we have only the agenda for a meeting.
- Subject: Old Town (Alexandria, Va.) X
- Alexandria (Va.) -- Businesses 1
- Alexandria (Va.) -- History. 1
- Business records 1
- Carpenters. 1
- City planning -- Virginia -- Alexandria 1
- Community development -- Alexandria -- Virginia 1
- Construction + architecture 1
- Historic buildings -- Virginia -- Alexandria -- Conservation and restoration. 1
- Independent contractors 1
- Photographs. 1
- Urban development -- Virginia -- Alexandria 1
- Windmill Hill Park 1 ∧ less
- McKenney, Ashton N. (Mike), 1921-2005 1
- North Old Town Independent Citizens Association. NOTICe 1
- Rodgers, Joseph F., 1853-1937 1