Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Content Description These papers reflect Armistead Boothe's advocacy of civil rights legislation, and his political activity with such issues as public schools, transportation, segregation and other political issues in Virginia, especially during the late 1940s and early 1950s. Personal papers in this collection relate to family matters such as Gardner Boothe's courtship of Eleanor Carr and to Armistead Boothe's school and military experiences. The collection includes scrapbooks, journals, albums, memorabilia...
Content Description The bulk of these papers are correspondence between Robert Rutledge and Harriet Hulfish. Besides information about their relationship, this correspondence refers to Army camp life where Rutledge was stationed in Camp Lee, Virginia; San Francisco, California; Tennessee; Kentucky; and Texas. The papers also contain an illustrated catalog of Staunton Military Academy, and a play and short stories authored by Rutledge.
Collection — Assorted Box: 1
Content Description The collection consists of WWII ration books, with stamps for fuel, rubber, and other items.
- Subject: World War -- 1939-1945 X
- Alexandria Canal Company 1
- Alexandria Water Company 1
- Boothe Family 1
- Boothe, Armistead L. (Armistead Lloyd), 1907-1990 1
- Boothe, Eleanor Harrison Carr, 1881-1968 1
- Boothe, Gardner L. (Gardner Lloyd), 1872-1964 1
- Boothe, William J. (William Jeremiah), 1816-1894 1
- Carr Family 1
- Carr, Joseph Armistead, 1867-1901 1
- Green, Esther Holiday, 1889-1981 1
- Harrison Family 1
- Hulfish, Harriet Virginia, 1922-2003 1
- Potomac, Piedmont and Valley Agricultural Society (Alexandria, Va.) 1
- Roosevelt, Edith Kermit Carow, 1861-1948. 1
- Rutledge, Robert Clinton, 1920-2004 1 ∧ less