Skip to main content

Virginia Federation of Women's Clubs Collection (MS074)

 Collection
Identifier: MS074
This collection contains materials collected by Esther Green and Helen Cummings during their time as members of the VFWC. Within this collection are letters and correspondences, Federation yearbooks, meeting minutes, and membership applications.

Dates

  • 1914-1945

Creator

Extent

.42 Linear Feet (1 box)

Biographical / Historical

The Virginia Federation of Women's Clubs was organized in 1907 in Lynchburg, VA. It joined the General Federation of Women's Clubs in 1910 and currently operates as the GFWC Virginia out of Tuckahoe, Virginia. Helen Norris Cummings served as president of the VFWC from 1915-1917 and remained active in the organization until her death in 1949. Esther Green served as the corresponding secretary in 1922 and remained involved until her death in 1981.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift of the Esther H. Green estate, 198u.
Title
Virginia Federation of Women's Clubs Collection Finding Aid
Status
completed
Author
Gregory Pierce
Date
2019-03-20
Description rules
dacs
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the Local History and Special Collections Branch, Alexandria Library Repository

Contact:
717 Queen Street
Alexandria VA 22314 United States
703-746-1791